Through this post, you can directly know the names of girls from the Qur’an with their meanings. (Direct Quranic Girls Names)
For those of you who are looking for girl names from Quran online, this post is for you. Here you will get baby girl names with meaning directly from Quran. You don’t have to search hard any more. Hope you can find a good name from here.
Below are the names of girls from the Quran:
Direct Quranic Girls Names
(islamic baby girl names from quran)
|1.||Aayat||Verses, messages, signs. Plural of Ayah|
|2.||Aan||This moment, right now, mature, ripe|
|4.||Abidat||Worshipers of God|
|5.||Adn||Bliss, eternal residence, Eden in English|
|6.||Adha||More sensible, more intelligent, more severe|
|7.||Aezza||Mighty ones, respected and noble ones|
|9.||Aghnia||Rich ones, needless ones|
|14.||Ala||Blessings, favors, wonders|
|15.||Amanaat||Deposits, trusts, things that are given to another person for safekeeping|
|16.||Amana||Trustworthiness, and something left with another person for safekeeping|
|17.||Anaba||He/she returned to God and became virtuous, this is a past-tense verb used as a noun|
|20.||Anamta||You have blessed, it is a phrase taken from Surat al-Fatiha, the speech is directed at God|
|21.||Aqsa||Farthest, it is the name of a mosque in Jerusalem|
|22.||Aqiba||Result, aftermath, consequence|
|23.||Asifa||Storm, stormy, wind that blows forcefully|
|26.||Aula, Awla||More deserving|
|28.||Ayah||Verse, sign, proof|
|33.||Bayyina||Clear sign, clear proof|
|34.||Basiqat||High, lofty and towering [things], refers to palm trees in the Quran|
|36.||Bazigha||Shining, radiant, rising|
|37.||Bayyinat||Clear signs and proofs|
|38.||Bayza||White, feminine of Abyaz|
|39.||Bushra||Good news, glad tidings|
|40.||Bukra||Early, early part of the day, dawn, morning|
|41.||Dua||Prayer, supplication, call|
|43.||Dunya||Worldly life, literally means the closest one|
|44.||Eelaf, Ilaf, Elaf||Pact, agreement, covenant, safety|
|45.||Ein, Iyn||One who has beautiful large eyes|
|46.||Fizzah||Silver (the metal)|
|47.||Fida||To free a captive|
|54.||Hilya||Jewel, trinket, any item used for adornment.|
|55.||Hoor||Houris, companions of Paradise|
|56.||Husna||That which is best, good deed, beautiful|
|60.||Iliyun, Eliyun||The highest and most sublime place in Paradise|
|61.||Iliyeen, Eliyeen||The highest and most sublime place in Paradise|
|62.||Iza, Izza, Eza||Might, honor, self-respect and dignity|
|63.||Imara||To visit, to tend|
|64.||Istabraq||Brocade, shiny and shimmering silk|
|65.||Jannat||Plural of Jannah (Paradise)|
|67.||Jariya||The Sun, ship, stream, unmarried young woman|
|68.||Jannatain||Two gardens, plural of Jannah|
|69.||Jannatan||Two gardens, plural of Jannah|
|70.||Judi, Judy||Name of the mountain that Noah’s Ark landed upon|
|72.||Kamila||Complete and without shortcomings, mature|
|75.||Kashifat||Discoverers, removers of hardship|
|76.||Kashifa||Discoverer, remover of hardship|
|77.||Kawsar, Kausar||Abundance, and possibly the name of a fountain in Paradise|
|78.||Kathira, Katheera||Much, abundant|
|79.||Khashiat||Ones who fear God|
|80.||Khairat||Good things, good ones|
|81.||Khalisa||Genuine, noble, fresh, untainted, exclusive|
|83.||Kubra||Greatest, feminine of Akbar|
|87.||Lina||Young palm tree, young and delicate thing|
|90.||Liqaa||To meet, to come face to face with|
|91.||Madina, Medina||City, also refers to a city in Saudi Arabia|
|92.||Maawa||Sanctuary, shelter, residence, refers to Paradise|
|96.||Maqsurat||Pure and modest ones, reserved ones|
|98.||Maimana||Blessedness, ease and lack of hardship|
|99.||Maisara||Ease, lack of hardship|
|102.||Marfuah||Raised, high, sublime|
|103.||Maryam||Arabic for Mary, mother of Prophet Isa (Jesus).|
|105.||Marwa||Name of a landmark in Mecca|
|107.||Marzia||Cause for contentment, a person that God is pleased with|
|108.||Masaaba||Refuge, place of resort|
|112.||Milla||Creed, doctrine, refers to prophet Ibrahim’s way of life in the Quran|
|117.||Mubsira||Well-informed, skilled, keen, intelligent|
|118.||Mubashirat||Bringers of good news|
|119.||Mubayinat||Clear, self-explanatory, lucid, plural of mubayina|
|120.||Mumina||Believer, feminine of Mumin|
|121.||Mufsira||Beaming with happiness|
|122.||Muhajirat||Ones who have migrated for the cause of God|
|123.||Muhita||Encompassing, aware of, knowledgeable about|
|124.||Muhsinat||Doers of good deeds|
|125.||Mustabshira||One who is rejoicing after receiving good news|
|126.||Muslima||Feminine of Muslim|
|128.||Mutmaina||Sure-hearted, one whose heart is at peace|
|130.||Mutasadiqat||Givers of charity|
|131.||Nafila||Gift, present, something given as an addition to something else that was given|
|132.||Naama, Naema||Abundance, comfort, luxury|
|134.||Naimah, Naema||Soft, smooth, beautiful and delicate, joyful|
|135.||Najwa||Whisper, private conversation|
|138.||Nazira||Happy, joyful, one whose face is glowing with happiness|
|140.||Neima||Blessing, something that God has blessed you with|
|142.||Oula||First, feminine form of Awwal|
|143.||Omnia, Umnia||Wish, desire|
|144.||Orub, Urub||Devoted, loving, full of love|
|145.||Oyun||Eyes, plural of Ain. Can also mean springs, fountains|
|146.||Qibla||Refers to the direction of the Kaaba, which Muslims face during prayer|
|147.||Qanitat||Devout ones, pious ones|
|148.||Qayima||Upright, one who stands late at night in prayer|
|149.||Qayima, Qaima||Upright, correct|
|151.||Radiya, Raziya||Content one, pleased one|
|152.||Raafa, Rafa||Kindness, sympathy|
|155.||Rafia||High, exalted, sublime, that which raises [something]|
|157.||Ruya, Roya||Dream, vision|
|158.||Riyah||Gales, strong winds, fragrant smells|
|159.||Ruhama||Kind and merciful ones|
|160.||Safa||A hill in Mecca|
|163.||Sabirin, Sabrin||Patient ones|
|164.||Sadaqa||Charity, things given for charity|
|168.||Saihat||Travelers, ones who fast|
|173.||Salwa||Consolation, bringer of happiness, quail|
|178.||Samawat||Heavens, skies, plural of Samaa|
|179.||Sara||times of happiness and ease, good times|
|180.||Sanabil||Plural of sunbul (ear of what/corn)|
|186.||Siddiqa||Pious and virtuous|
|187.||Sunbula||Ear of wheat, ear of corn, spike|
|189.||Sima||Appearance, characteristic, sign|
|192.||Sundus||Fine silk, silk brocade|
|193.||Sunbulat||Ears of wheat, ears of corn, spikes|
|194.||Tareeqa||Road, path, way, manner|
|198.||Tasmia||To name, to mention the name of Allah, to say bismillah|
|200.||Tawsia||To give a commandment|
|201.||Tayiba, Taiba||Good, pious, not corrupt|
|202.||Tayibat||Good things, things permitted by God|
|203.||Tulu, Tulou, Tolou||To rise, to shine (as in sunrise)|
|207.||Uswa||Example, model, pattern|
|210.||Wahida||One, a single one, unique|
|212.||Wasila||Means, course, route, medium|
|213.||Wasiyyah||Commandment, will, advice, bequest|
|214.||Yusra||Ease, lack of hardship and obstacles|
|216.||Yusr||Ease, lack of obstacles and complexities|
|217.||Zakirat||Ones who remember God|
|220.||Zaitun||olive, olive tree|
|221.||Zaituna, Zaytunah||Olive, olive tree|
|224.||Zeenah or Zeenat||Beautification|
|226.||Zilal||Shades, things that provide refuge from sunlight, such as trees|
|229.||Zuha, Zoha||Morning, mid-morning, forenoon|
|231.||Zulfah||Close, near, not to be confused with Zulfaa (though they have the same meaning)|
Direct Quranic Girls Names
(Boys and girls)
|4.||Absar||Plural of basar (eye-sight, vision)|
|6.||Abid||Worshiper of God|
|7.||Aema||Leaders, plural of imam|
|9.||Afnan||Intertwined branches of trees|
|10.||Ain||Eye, spring, fountain|
|13.||Ainain||Two eyes, two springs, two fountains, plural of Ain|
|14.||Ainan||Two eyes, two springs, two fountains, plural of Ain|
|16.||Alwan||Colors, shades plural of laun|
|18.||Anam||God’s creatures, all living things on earth|
|24.||Ata||Gift, gift from God|
|26.||Asbab||Means, causes, factors|
|27.||Atqa||More conscious of God|
|28.||Athar, Asar||Mark, print, effect, footprint|
|29.||Atiq||Most ancient, most noble|
|30.||Atwar||Shapes and forms, states, phases, stages|
|32.||Awfa||Most faithful, more fulfilling, more complete|
|33.||Awtad||Stakes, poles, pillars|
|35.||Aydi||Hands, power, strength, capability|
|36.||Ayan or Iyan||Time, when|
|37.||Aydin||Power, strength, this is a non-standard. Read more about this here.|
|38.||Azan||Announcement, call to prayer|
|39.||Bahij||Beautiful, charming, graceful|
|40.||Badr||Full moon and the name of a battle in Islamic history|
|41.||Basair||Clear proofs, enlightening proofs|
|43.||Baka, Bakka||Another name for Mecca|
|44.||Barzakh||Interval, divider, partition|
|45.||Bisat||Carpet, floor covering, spread, expanse|
|48.||Dani||Close, near, hanging low|
|49.||Dawa, Dawah||Invitation, evangelism (to call others to Islam)|
|50.||Fajr||Dawn, morning twilight|
|52.||Furat||Cold and refreshing water|
|54.||Firdaus||Another name for Paradise, or a place in Paradise|
|55.||Fusilat||Detailed, elaborate, well explained|
|58.||Hadees||Speech, news, story, narrations|
|59.||Hafi||Kind, gracious, gentle|
|60.||Hadid||Iron (the mineral), sharp, perceptive|
|62.||Hamim||Close friend, intimate friend|
|65.||Hosn, Husn||Beauty, goodness|
|67.||Hisan||Beautiful ones, good-looking ones|
|69.||Hunain||Name of a battle in Islamic history|
|70.||Hunafa||Ones who are devoted to God, ones who believe in God’s oneness|
|72.||Ibad||Servants of God, plural of Abd|
|73.||Ikram||Commendation, tribute, to honor someone|
|74.||Ihsan||Good deeds, kindness|
|75.||Iman||Faith in God|
|77.||Ishraq||To radiate, to shine, for the sun to rise|
|80.||Istighfar||To ask for forgiveness from God|
|81.||Islah||To fix and improve, to remove corruption|
|87.||Jazi||Sufficient, a person who removes your need for other people|
|88.||Kashif||Discoverer, remover (of a cover, or a difficulty)|
|92.||Kawkab||Planet, star, it refers to any celestial object that shines in the night sky|
|94.||Khayr||Good, goodness, good deeds, better|
|96.||Mafaz||Victory, to win|
|97.||Maab||Place of recourse, retreat, refers to Paradise|
|100.||Maknun||Covered, hidden, protected|
|102.||Maisur||Easy, without obstacles and hardship|
|103.||Makka||A city in Saudi Arabia|
|104.||Marib||Goal, aim, purpose|
|106.||Manazil||Phases of the moon|
|108.||Miad||Date, appointment, an arrangement to meet or visit somebody at a particular time and place|
|109.||Marjan||Coral, red coral|
|110.||Marzat||Contentment, God’s contentment toward humans, approval|
|113.||Mihrab||Part of a mosque where the imam usually prays, known as mihrab in English as well.|
|114.||Midad||Ink, fountain pen|
|115.||Mihad||flat land, plain|
|117.||Minhaj||Path, way of life, curriculum|
|118.||Mirsad||Ambush, watch, observation|
|120.||Mubin||Clear, apparent, radiant|
|122.||Mouminin||Believers, plural of Moumin|
|125.||Muntaha||Ultimate goal, ultimate destiny, final destination|
|126.||Mursa||To dock, to anchor [a ship]|
|128.||Musaffa||Purified, not to be confused with Mustafa|
|129.||Musamma||Definite, determined, specified|
|130.||Mustatar||Written down, recorded|
|131.||Muzn, Mozn||Rain-bearing cloud|
|132.||Mutmaen||One whose heart is at peace|
|133.||Niam, Neam||God’s blessings|
|136.||Nazid||Arranged, organized, ranked one above another, stratiform|
|138.||Noor or Nur||Light, radiance|
|139.||Osul||Roots [of a plant], trunks, figuratively principles, essentials|
|141.||Olia, Ulya||Highest, loftiest, upmost|
|142.||Omam||Nations, plural of Ummah|
|143.||Qarar||Calm, serenity, tranquility, stability|
|144.||Qabas||Ember, piece of burning wood|
|145.||Qalam||Brush, pencil, quill|
|149.||Ramz||Mark, symbol, gesture|
|150.||Raghad||Affluence, ease, prosperity|
|152.||Ramadan||9th month of the Islamic calendar|
|153.||Rizwaan||Contentment, God’s contentment toward humans|
|154.||Rawah||Departure, leaving, evening, rest|
|156.||Rayhan, Rihan||Fragrance, scented plants|
|157.||Ruman||Pomegranates, pomegranate trees|
|158.||Rukha||Gentle wind, soft breeze|
|160.||Sabab||Cause, drive, factor, impetus, means|
|162.||Sakin||Serene, tranquil, unmoving, stationary|
|164.||Sainaa||Arabic name for Mount Sinai|
|167.||Salsabil||Cool and refreshing pure water|
|169.||Shan, Shaan||Status, rank, matter, business, engagement|
|170.||Senuan||Multiple palm trees that grow from the same root|
|171.||Shahada||Martyrdom, to be a witness|
|173.||Sinin||Another name for for Mount Sinai, synonym of Saina|
|176.||Sidq||Truthfulness, to acknowledge the truth, to acknowledge God’s existence|
|177.||Sidratul Muntaha||Lote Tree of the Utmost Boundry, the name of a tree in heaven|
|178.||Sulh||Peace, armistice , truce|
|181.||Siyam, Siam||Fast (to refrain from food and drink)|
|182.||Subul, Sobol||Paths, plural of Sabeel|
|183.||Sudur||Chests, figuratively means hearts|
|184.||Tamhid||Preparation, to ease and facilitate|
|187.||Takbir||To glorify God|
|189.||Tasnim||Name of a spring in Paradise|
|190.||Taqwa||Mindfulness of God, fear of God|
|191.||Taqwim||Correction, rectification, stature, form, design|
|192.||Tasbit||Reinforcement, situating, stabilization, substantiation|
|195.||Urush, Orush||Thrones, ceilings|
|201.||Zikr||Remembrance of God|
Direct Quranic Girls Names
- Aayat =name meaning= Verses, messages, signs. Plural of Ayah.
- Aan =name meaning= This moment, right now, mature, ripe.
- Aayun =name meaning= Eyes.
- Abidat =name meaning= Worshipers of God.
- Adn =name meaning= Bliss, eternal residence, Eden in English.
- Adha =name meaning= More sensible, more intelligent, more severe.
- Aezza =name meaning= Mighty ones, respected and noble ones.
- Adna =name meaning= Closest.
- Aghnia =name meaning= Rich ones, needless ones.
- Afida =name meaning= Hearts, consciences.
islamic baby girl names from quran
- Aliah =name meaning= Sublime.
- Ahda =name meaning= Better guided.
- Ajniha =name meaning= Wings.
- Ala =name meaning= Blessings, favors, wonders.
- Amanaat =name meaning= Deposits, trusts, things that are given to another person for safekeeping.
- Amana =name meaning= Trustworthiness, and something left with another person for safekeeping.
- Anaba =name meaning= He/she returned to God and became virtuous, this is a past-tense verb used as a noun.
- Amani =name meaning= Wish, hope.
- Amina =name meaning= Safe, secure.
- Anamta =name meaning= You have blessed, it is a phrase taken from Surat al-Fatiha, the speech is directed at God.
islamic girl names with a
- Aqsa =name meaning= Farthest, it is the name of a mosque in Jerusalem.
- Aqiba =name meaning= Result, aftermath, consequence.
- Asifa =name meaning= Storm, stormy, wind that blows forcefully.
- Asal =name meaning= Honey.
- Asar =name meaning= Remnant, trace.
- Aula, Awla =name meaning= More deserving.
- Asma =name meaning= Names.
- Ayah =name meaning= Verse, sign, proof.
- Banan =name meaning= Fingertips.
- Bariza =name meaning= Eminent, prominent.
names of holy quran in arabic girl
- Baqiya =name meaning= Remaining, lasting.
- Barakaat =name meaning= Blessings.
- Bayyina =name meaning= Clear sign, clear proof.
- Basiqat =name meaning= High, lofty and towering [things], refers to palm trees in the Quran.
- Basira =name meaning= Clear proof.
- Bazigha =name meaning= Shining, radiant, rising.
- Bayyinat =name meaning= Clear signs and proofs.
- Bayza =name meaning= White, feminine of Abyaz.
- Bushra =name meaning= Good news, glad tidings.
- Bukra =name meaning= Early, early part of the day, dawn, morning.
muslim names girl
- Dua =name meaning= Prayer, supplication, call.
- Daniya =name meaning= Close, near.
- Dunya =name meaning= Worldly life, literally means the closest one.
- Eelaf, Ilaf, Elaf =name meaning= Pact, agreement, covenant, safety.
- Ein, Iyn =name meaning= One who has beautiful large eyes.
- Fizzah =name meaning= Silver (the metal).
- Fida =name meaning= To free a captive.
- Hafizat =name meaning= Protectors.
- Hadaiq =name meaning= Gardens.
- Hadiya =name meaning= Gift.
- Hasanat =name meaning= Good deeds.
- Harir =name meaning= Silk.
- Hasana =name meaning= Good deed.
- Hilya =name meaning= Jewel, trinket, any item used for adornment.
- Hoor =name meaning= Houris, companions of Paradise.
- Husna =name meaning= That which is best, good deed, beautiful.
- Huda =name meaning= Guidance.
quran girl baby names
- Ibtigha =name meaning= To seek.
- Ibrah =name meaning= Lesson.
- Iliyun, Eliyun =name meaning= The highest and most sublime place in Paradise.
- Iliyeen, Eliyeen =name meaning= The highest and most sublime place in Paradise.
- Iza, Izza, Eza =name meaning= Might, honor, self-respect and dignity.
- Imara =name meaning= To visit, to tend.
- Istabraq =name meaning= Brocade, shiny and shimmering silk.
- Jannat =name meaning= Plural of Jannah (Paradise).
- Janna =name meaning= Paradise.
- Jariya =name meaning= The Sun, ship, stream, unmarried young woman.
- Jannatain =name meaning= Two gardens, plural of Jannah.
- Jannatan =name meaning= Two gardens, plural of Jannah.
- Judi, Judy =name meaning= Name of the mountain that Noah’s Ark landed upon.
- Kabira =name meaning= Great.
- Kamila =name meaning= Complete and without shortcomings, mature.
- Kalima =name meaning= Word.
- Kalimat =name meaning= Words.
short unique girl names
- Kashifat =name meaning= Discoverers, removers of hardship.
- Kashifa =name meaning= Discoverer, remover of hardship.
- Kawsar, Kausar =name meaning= Abundance, and possibly the name of a fountain in Paradise.
- Kathira, Katheera =name meaning= Much, abundant.
- Khashiat =name meaning= Ones who fear God.
- Khairat =name meaning= Good things, good ones.
- Khalisa =name meaning= Genuine, noble, fresh, untainted, exclusive.
- Kunuz =name meaning= Treasures.
- Kubra =name meaning= Greatest, feminine of Akbar.
- Layali =name meaning= Nights.
- Lailah, Laila =name meaning= Night.
- Layal =name meaning= Nights.
- Lina =name meaning= Young palm tree, young and delicate thing.
muslim girl names by quran
- Layyin =name meaning= Gentle, soft.
- Lulu =name meaning= Pearl.
- Liqaa =name meaning= To meet, to come face to face with.
- Madina, Medina =name meaning= City, also refers to a city in Saudi Arabia.
- Maawa =name meaning= Sanctuary, shelter, residence, refers to Paradise.
- Mahaba =name meaning= Love, affection.
- Mafaza =name meaning= Success, safety.
- Maghfira =name meaning= Forgiveness.
- Maqsurat =name meaning= Pure and modest ones, reserved ones.
- Mahya =name meaning= Life, lifetime.
- Maimana =name meaning= Blessedness, ease and lack of hardship.
- Maisara =name meaning= Ease, lack of hardship.
- Marhama =name meaning= Mercy, compassion.
- Marah =name meaning= Fun, joy.
- Marfuah =name meaning= Raised, high, sublime.
Popular Islamic Girl Names
- Maryam =name meaning= Arabic for Mary, mother of Prophet Isa (Jesus).
- Marufa =name meaning= Good, customary.
- Marwa =name meaning= Name of a landmark in Mecca.
- Mastour =name meaning= Written, recorded, if spelled as مَسْتُوْر, it becomes a different name that is more common and has the same English spelling, it will mean hidden, covered (1 Quranic mention).
- Marzia =name meaning= Cause for contentment, a person that God is pleased with.
- Masaaba =name meaning= Refuge, place of resort.
- Mawiza =name meaning= Advice, admonition.
- Masuba =name meaning= Reward.
- Mawada =name meaning= Affection, goodwill.
- Milla =name meaning= Creed, doctrine, refers to prophet Ibrahim’s way of life in the Quran.
- Miesha =name meaning= Livelihood.
- Mubaraka =name meaning= Blessed.
- Mishkat =name meaning= Niche.
- Mouminat =name meaning= Believers.
powerful islamic girl names
- Mubsira =name meaning= Well-informed, skilled, keen, intelligent.
- Mubashirat =name meaning= Bringers of good news.
- Mubayinat =name meaning= Clear, self-explanatory, lucid, plural of mubayina.
- Mumina =name meaning= Believer, feminine of Mumin.
- Mufsira =name meaning= Beaming with happiness.
- Muhajirat =name meaning= Ones who have migrated for the cause of God.
- Muhita =name meaning= Encompassing, aware of, knowledgeable about.
- Muhsinat =name meaning= Doers of good deeds.
- Mustabshira =name meaning= One who is rejoicing after receiving good news.
- Muslima =name meaning= Feminine of Muslim.
- Muslimat =name meaning= Female Muslim.
- Mutmaina =name meaning= Sure-hearted, one whose heart is at peace.
- Mutahara =name meaning= Pure.
- Mutasadiqat =name meaning= Givers of charity.
N Arabic girl’s names
- Nafila =name meaning= Gift, present, something given as an addition to something else that was given.
- Naama, Naema =name meaning= Abundance, comfort, luxury.
- Nakhla =name meaning= Palm tree
- Naimah, Naema =name meaning= Soft, smooth, beautiful and delicate, joyful.
- Najwa =name meaning= Whisper, private conversation.
- Nazra =name meaning= Radiance, joyfulness.
- Nawa =name meaning= Seed, kernel.
- Nazira =name meaning= Happy, joyful, one whose face is glowing with happiness.
- Nuha =name meaning= Sense, intelligence.
- Neima =name meaning= Blessing, something that God has blessed you with.
- Nida =name meaning= Call, supplication.
Direct quranic baby girl names with meaning
- Oula =name meaning= First, feminine form of Awwal.
- Omnia, Umnia =name meaning= Wish, desire.
- Orub, Urub =name meaning=Devoted, loving, full of love.
- Oyun =name meaning= Eyes, plural of Ain. Can also mean springs, fountains.
- Qibla =name meaning= Refers to the direction of the Kaaba, which Muslims face during prayer.
- Qanitat =name meaning= Devout ones, pious ones.
- Qayima =name meaning= Upright, one who stands late at night in prayer.
- Qayima, Qaima =name meaning= Upright, correct.
- Qurra, Qurrat =name meaning= Comfort.
modern muslim girl names starting with r
- Radiya, Raziya =name meaning= Content one, pleased one.
- Raafa, Rafa =name meaning= Kindness, sympathy.
- Rabwa =name meaning= Highland, hill.
- Rasiyat =name meaning= Massive, Towering.
- Rafia =name meaning= High, exalted, sublime, that which raises [something].
- Rahma =name meaning= Mercy.
- Ruya, Roya =name meaning= Dream, vision.
- Riyah =name meaning= Gales, strong winds, fragrant smells.
- Ruhama =name meaning= Kind and merciful ones.
muslim girl names starting with s
- Safa =name meaning= A hill in Mecca.
- Sabira =name meaning= Patient.
- Sabirat =name meaning= Patient ones.
- Sabirin, Sabrin =name meaning= Patient ones.
- Sadaqa =name meaning= Charity, things given for charity.
- Sakhra =name meaning= Rock.
- Sahar =name meaning= Dawn.
- Sahiba =name meaning= Companion.
- Saihat =name meaning= Travelers, ones who fast.
- Saimat =name meaning= Fasting ones.
- Samaa =name meaning= Sky, heaven.
- Sakina =name meaning= Serenity, tranquility.
- Salihat =name meaning= Good deeds.
- Salwa =name meaning= Consolation, bringer of happiness, quail.
- Sana =name meaning= Flash, glitter.
- Samar =name meaning= Fruit, result.
Direct Quranic Girls Names
- Samara =name meaning= Fruit, result.
- Samarat =name meaning= Fruits, results.
- Samawat =name meaning= Heavens, skies, plural of Samaa.
- Sara =name meaning= times of happiness and ease, good times.
- Sanabil =name meaning= Plural of sunbul (ear of what/corn).
- Sidra =name meaning= Lote tree.
- Shahadat =name meaning= Testimonies.
- Shifa =name meaning= Cure, recovery.
- Shuhada =name meaning= Martyrs, witnesses.
- Sibgha =name meaning= Color, dye.
- Siddiqa =name meaning= Pious and virtuous.
- Sunbula =name meaning= Ear of wheat, ear of corn, spike.
- Silsila =name meaning= Series, chain.
- Sima =name meaning= Appearance, characteristic, sign.
- Subat =name meaning= Sleep, slumber.
- Sujud =name meaning= Prostration.
- Sundus =name meaning= Fine silk, silk brocade.
- Sunbulat =name meaning= Ears of wheat, ears of corn, spikes.
arabic girl names
- Tareeqa =name meaning= Road, path, way, manner.
- Tabsira =name meaning= Enlightenment.
- Tahiyya =name meaning= Greeting.
- Tilawa =name meaning= Recitation.
- Tasmia =name meaning= To name, to mention the name of Allah, to say bismillah.
- Tawba =name meaning= Repentance.
- Tawsia =name meaning= To give a commandment.
- Tayiba, Taiba =name meaning= Good, pious, not corrupt.
- Tayibat =name meaning= Good things, things permitted by God.
- Tulu, Tulou, Tolou =name meaning= To rise, to shine (as in sunrise).
- Tuba =name meaning= Blessedness.
- Tuqat =name meaning= God-consciousness.
girl names a to z
- Ummah =name meaning= Nation, community.
- Uswa =name meaning= Example, model, pattern.
- Urwa =name meaning= Handhold.
- Wosta =name meaning= Middle.
- Wahida =name meaning= One, a single one, unique.
- Warda =name meaning= Flower, rose.
- Wasila =name meaning= Means, course, route, medium.
- Wasiyyah =name meaning= Commandment, will, advice, bequest.
- Yusra =name meaning= Ease, lack of hardship and obstacles.
- Yaqut =name meaning= Ruby.
- Yusr =name meaning= Ease, lack of obstacles and complexities.
- Zakirat =name meaning= Ones who remember God.
- Zahab, Dahab =name meaning= Gold.
- Zahra =name meaning= Flower, splendor.
- Zaitun =name meaning= olive, olive tree.
beautiful girl names and meanings
- Zaituna, Zaytunah =name meaning= Olive, olive tree.
- Ziya =name meaning= Radiance.
- Zakiya =name meaning= Pure, good.
- Zeenah or Zeenat =name meaning= Beautification.
- Zikra =name meaning= Remembrance, memory.
- Zilal =name meaning= Shades, things that provide refuge from sunlight, such as trees.
- Zullah =name meaning= Dark cloud.
- Ziyada =name meaning= Increase, extra.
- Zuha, Zoha =name meaning= Morning, mid-morning, forenoon.
- Zulfaa =name meaning= Close, near.
- Zulfah =name meaning= Close, near, not to be confused with Zulfaa (though they have the same meaning).
Boys and girls
Direct Quranic Boys and Girls Names
- Aala =name meaning= Highest, supreme.
- Aafaaq =name meaning= Horizons .
- Aali =name meaning= High, sublime.
- Absar =name meaning= Plural of basar (eye-sight, vision).
- Ababil =name meaning= Flocks.
- Abid =name meaning= Worshiper of God.
- Aema =name meaning= Leaders, plural of imam.
- Afsah =name meaning= More eloquent.
- Afnan =name meaning= Intertwined branches of trees.
- Ain =name meaning= Eye, spring, fountain.
- Ahd =name meaning= Covenant.
- Aknan =name meaning= Shelter.
- Ainain =name meaning= Two eyes, two springs, two fountains, plural of Ain.
- Ainan =name meaning= Two eyes, two springs, two fountains, plural of Ain.
quranic names with meaning
- Anhar =name meaning= Rivers.
- Alwan =name meaning= Colors, shades plural of laun.
- Amal =name meaning= Hope.
- Anam =name meaning= God’s creatures, all living things on earth.
- Arham =name meaning= Compassionate.
- Anoum =name meaning= God’s blessings.
- Aqtar =name meaning= Regions.
- Ariz =name meaning= Clouds.
- Arsh =name meaning= Throne.
- Ata =name meaning= Gift, gift from God.
- Asaal =name meaning= Evenings.
- Asbab =name meaning= Means, causes, factors.
- Atqa =name meaning= More conscious of God.
islamic names dictionary
- Athar, Asar =name meaning= Mark, print, effect, footprint.
- Atiq =name meaning= Most ancient, most noble.
- Atwar =name meaning= Shapes and forms, states, phases, stages.
- Awliya =name meaning= Allies, friends.
- Awfa =name meaning= Most faithful, more fulfilling, more complete.
- Awtad =name meaning= Stakes, poles, pillars.
- Ayam =name meaning= Days.
- Aydi =name meaning= Hands, power, strength, capability.
- Ayan or Iyan =name meaning= Time, when.
- Aydin =name meaning= Power, strength, this is a non-standard. Read more about this here.
- Azan =name meaning= Announcement, call to prayer.
beautiful islamic names
- Bahij =name meaning= Beautiful, charming, graceful.
- Badr =name meaning= Full moon and the name of a battle in Islamic history.
- Basair =name meaning= Clear proofs, enlightening proofs.
- Bahja =name meaning= Joyfulness, radiance.
- Baka, Bakka =name meaning= Another name for Mecca.
- Barzakh =name meaning= Interval, divider, partition.
- Bisat =name meaning= Carpet, floor covering, spread, expanse.
- Bayan =name meaning= Elucidation.
- Dinar =name meaning= Gold coin.
- Dani =name meaning= Close, near, hanging low.
- Dawa, Dawah =name meaning= Invitation, evangelism (to call others to Islam).
- Fajr =name meaning= Dawn, morning twilight.
- Diyar, Diar =name meaning= Homeland.
- Furat =name meaning= Cold and refreshing water.
- Fauz =name meaning= Victory.
- Firdaus =name meaning= Another name for Paradise, or a place in Paradise.
- Fusilat =name meaning= Detailed, elaborate, well explained.
islamic name list a to z
- Ghufran =name meaning= Forgiveness.
- Ghurub =name meaning= Sunset.
- Hadees =name meaning= Speech, news, story, narrations.
- Hafi =name meaning= Kind, gracious, gentle.
- Hadid =name meaning= Iron (the mineral), sharp, perceptive.
- Haz =name meaning= Fortune, luck.
- Hamim =name meaning= Close friend, intimate friend.
- Hanan =name meaning= Affection, love.
- Hayat =name meaning= Life.
- Hosn, Husn =name meaning= Beauty, goodness.
- Hikma =name meaning= Wisdom.
- Hisan =name meaning= Beautiful ones, good-looking ones.
- Hosban =name meaning= Calculation, computation.
- Hunain =name meaning= Name of a battle in Islamic history.
- Hunafa =name meaning= Ones who are devoted to God, ones who believe in God’s oneness.
quranic baby names islamic
- Ibada =name meaning= Worship.
- Ibad =name meaning= Servants of God, plural of Abd.
- Ikram =name meaning= Commendation, tribute, to honor someone.
- Ihsan =name meaning= Good deeds, kindness.
- Iman =name meaning= Faith in God.
- Iqra =name meaning= Read.
- Ishraq =name meaning= To radiate, to shine, for the sun to rise.
- Isbah =name meaning= Daybreak.
- Isha, Eisha =name meaning= Life.
- Istighfar =name meaning= To ask for forgiveness from God.
- Islah =name meaning= To fix and improve, to remove corruption.
- Islam =name meaning= Submission.
- Jaza =name meaning= Reward, recompense.
- Jabal =name meaning= Mountain.
- Jadid =name meaning= New.
- Jibal =name meaning= Mountains.
- Jazi =name meaning= Sufficient, a person who removes your need for other people.
Baby Names For Boys And Girls
- Kashif =name meaning= Discoverer, remover (of a cover, or a difficulty).
- Kalam =name meaning= Speech.
- Kanz =name meaning= Treasure.
- Khilal =name meaning= Friendship.
- Kawkab =name meaning= Planet, star, it refers to any celestial object that shines in the night sky.
- Khalis =name meaning= Pure, untainted.
- Khayr =name meaning= Good, goodness, good deeds, better.
- Lail =name meaning= Night.
- Mafaz =name meaning= Victory, to win.
- Maab =name meaning= Place of recourse, retreat, refers to Paradise.
- Madad =name meaning= Aid, assistance.
- Maeen =name meaning= Fountain, spring.
- Maknun =name meaning= Covered, hidden, protected.
- Maghrib =name meaning= West, sunset.
- Maisur =name meaning= Easy, without obstacles and hardship.
- Makka =name meaning= A city in Saudi Arabia.
- Marib =name meaning= Goal, aim, purpose.
Boys & Girls Name from Quran with Meaning
- Malja =name meaning= Shelter, refuge.
- Manazil =name meaning= Phases of the moon.
- Marhaba =name meaning= Greeting, welcome.
- Miad =name meaning= Date, appointment, an arrangement to meet or visit somebody at a particular time and place.
- Marjan =name meaning= Coral, red coral.
- Marzat =name meaning= Contentment, God’s contentment toward humans, approval.
- Mashariq =name meaning= Sunrises.
- Mawazin =name meaning= Balances, scales.
- Mihrab =name meaning= Part of a mosque where the imam usually prays, known as mihrab in English as well.
- Midad =name meaning= Ink, fountain pen.
- Mihad =name meaning= flat land, plain.
- Misbah =name meaning= Lamp.
- Minhaj =name meaning= Path, way of life, curriculum.
- Mirsad =name meaning= Ambush, watch, observation.
- Misaq =name meaning= Covenant.
islamic baby names
- Mubin =name meaning= Clear, apparent, radiant.
- Misk =name meaning= Musk.
- Mouminin =name meaning= Believers, plural of Moumin.
- Mursalin =name meaning= Messengers.
- Muntaha =name meaning= Ultimate goal, ultimate destiny, final destination.
- Muneer =name meaning= Brilliant, luminous.
- Mursa =name meaning= To dock, to anchor [a ship].
- Mutahir =name meaning= Purifier, pure.
- Musaffa =name meaning= Purified, not to be confused with Mustafa.
- Musamma =name meaning= Definite, determined, specified.
- Mustatar =name meaning= Written down, recorded.
- Muzn, Mozn =name meaning= Rain-bearing cloud.
- Mutmaen =name meaning= One whose heart is at peace.
unique muslim names
- Niam, Neam =name meaning= God’s blessings.
- Nahar =name meaning= Daytime.
- Najat =name meaning= Salvation, rescue.
- Nazid =name meaning= Arranged, organized, ranked one above another, stratiform.
- Nujum =name meaning= Stars.
- Noor or Nur =name meaning= Light, radiance.
- Osul =name meaning= Roots [of a plant], trunks, figuratively principles, essentials.
- Ola =name meaning= Highest.
- Olia, Ulya =name meaning= Highest, loftiest, upmost.
- Omam =name meaning= Nations, plural of Ummah.
- Qarar =name meaning= Calm, serenity, tranquility, stability.
- Qabas =name meaning= Ember, piece of burning wood.
- Qalam =name meaning= Brush, pencil, quill.
- Qamar =name meaning= Moon.
- Quwa =name meaning= Strength, power.
- Qist =name meaning= Justice, equity.
islamic names dictionary
- Ramz =name meaning= Mark, symbol, gesture.
- Raghad =name meaning= Affluence, ease, prosperity.
- Ramad =name meaning= Dust.
- Ramadan =name meaning= 9th month of the Islamic calendar.
- Rizwaan =name meaning= Contentment, God’s contentment toward humans.
- Rawah =name meaning= Departure, leaving, evening, rest.
- Rawasi =name meaning= Mountains.
- Rayhan, Rihan =name meaning= Fragrance, scented plants.
- Ruman =name meaning= Pomegranates, pomegranate trees.
- Rukha =name meaning= Gentle wind, soft breeze.
- Sabeel =name meaning= Way, path.
- Sabab =name meaning= Cause, drive, factor, impetus, means.
- Sabah =name meaning= Morning.
- Sakin =name meaning= Serene, tranquil, unmoving, stationary.
55 names of holy quran in arabic girl
- Sahab =name meaning= Clouds.
- Sainaa =name meaning= Arabic name for Mount Sinai.
- Sawab =name meaning= Goodly reward.
- Salam =name meaning= Peace.
- Salsabil =name meaning= Cool and refreshing pure water.
- Sarab =name meaning= Mirage.
- Shan, Shaan =name meaning= Status, rank, matter, business, engagement.
- Senuan =name meaning= Multiple palm trees that grow from the same root.
- Shahada =name meaning= Martyrdom, to be a witness.
- Shams =name meaning= Sun.
- Sinin =name meaning= Another name for for Mount Sinai, synonym of Saina.
- Shuhub =name meaning= Shooting stars.
- Shukr =name meaning= Thanks, gratitude.
- Sidq =name meaning= Truthfulness, to acknowledge the truth, to acknowledge God’s existence.
- Sidratul Muntaha =name meaning= Lote Tree of the Utmost Boundry, the name of a tree in heaven.
- Sulh =name meaning= Peace, armistice , truce.
- Siraj =name meaning= Lamp.
- Sirat =name meaning= Path.
- Siyam, Siam =name meaning= Fast (to refrain from food and drink).
- Subul, Sobol =name meaning= Paths, plural of Sabeel.
- Sudur =name meaning= Chests, figuratively means hearts.
- Tamhid =name meaning= Preparation, to ease and facilitate.
- Tafsir =name meaning= Interpretation.
- Tahur =name meaning= Pure.
- Takbir =name meaning= To glorify God.
top 10 quranic girl names
- Taklim =name meaning= Speech.
- Tasnim =name meaning= Name of a spring in Paradise.
- Taqwa =name meaning= Mindfulness of God, fear of God.
- Taqwim =name meaning= Correction, rectification, stature, form, design.
- Tasbit =name meaning= Reinforcement, situating, stabilization, substantiation.
- Turab =name meaning= Dust.
- Tatheer=name meaning= Purification.
- Urush, Orush =name meaning= Thrones, ceilings.
- Waad =name meaning=Promise, covenant.
- Yaqeen =name meaning= Certainty.
- Yamin =name meaning= Right side.
- Zumar =name meaning= Throngs, groups.
- Zakat =name meaning= Purification.
- Zikr =name meaning= Remembrance of God.
- Nahr =name meaning= River.
Hope those who want to name Muslim girls and to name your newborn baby girl can learn the meaning of many names of girls from the Quran through this post.
Sometimes the meaning of a name can be different in different contexts because a word does not only have one meaning but also many meanings. Here mostly one meaning of the name is given but in many places the same name may have different meanings. So if you like the name, you can try to know the meaning of this name in different ways.
Note: While naming your child, you can ask any scholar whether the name can be kept. Or you can consult with your favorite imam saab.
*** Name children with good meaning. Names with good meaning are children’s rights ***
Related searches: Direct quranic baby girl names with meaning, Muslim baby names quran, Muslim baby names girl, islamic baby boy names, islamic names for boys, islamic name list a to z, islamic baby girl names from quran, unique muslim names, muslim names girl, beautiful islamic names, islamic names for girls, islamic names dictionary.